Friday, June 27, 2014

Bobby - Chapter Three



“I always knew she’d do something like this,” Elenore whispered trying to keep her voice down as not to disturb Ursula. Bobby responded with a sigh. “So what does that mean for you two? I can’t wait to get her out of this house….I still can’t believe she hurt you like this!”
Just last night Shawna had confessed to Bobby, and then later his family, that she had been having an on-going affair.
According to Shawna, after having Ursula she no longer felt that Bobby was attracted to her. She felt like he would rather be out working than spending time with her. She missed all the dinners out and nights on the town they experienced while they were dating.
Of course Elenore was less than sympathetic with Shawna’s excuses, and it took all self control not to express her true feelings for Shawna.
“I hurt her too.” Bobby said softly placing his hand on his mom’s arm.
Bobby could see the fury in her eyes, “by spending time at work to support her and your daughter? Hmph, I would not call that hurt.”
Bobby lowered his eyes, ashamed to make eye contact, “I have something to confess. I slept with someone else.”
Elenore looked up with complete shock. “Who?”
“Oriole Bird, my boss.”
“Why?” Elenore said hoarsely.
“As Shawna complained I was spending a lot of time at work, and I found myself growing closer to Oriole. Well, Shawna was gone a lot…now I know where…” he trailed off, “I really don’t have a valid excuse.”
“What does that mean for our family?”
“I don’t know,” Bobby stated honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment