Friday, June 27, 2014

Jane - Chapter Four



The three generations celebrated the birthday of the fourth.
Donnatella was officially a toddler.
She was a very adorable little girl, with dark hair like her grandfather.
Though they soon realized she preferred spending time with her invisible friend instead of her family.
Shortly after Donnatella’s birthday, Raiden passed away. Benjamin was heartbroken at the loss of his long time friend.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“I’m sorry my brother hasn’t been around,” Harry started. Harry was Donnatella’s father’s twin brother.
“It’s not your fault,” Jane smiled, “I’m happy you wanted to visit your niece.”
“I actually wanted to see her mom…you look great Jane,” Harry continued.
Jane rolled her eyes. She wasn’t going to go down this road with both of the Peterson boys.
After she (not so) sweetly let Harry down she went inside to see her daughter.
That night Benjamin came home with a new family member.
Little Lara joined the family.
The next morning Jane sat outside with Ginny soaking up the rays.
“I heard Harry was over yesterday,” Ginny began.
‘Yeah,” Jane sighed.
“Did he met Donnatella?”
“He wasn’t interested.”
“Oh,” Ginny responded and they sat in silence for a while.
“Do you think I’m doing the right thing?” Jane said finally.
“What do you mean? You’re not keeping Donnatella away from her father.”
“But is being a working single mom the best thing I can do for her? You and my dad end up watching her while I’m at work…maybe I should quit,” Jane replied.
“Never give up on your dreams,” Ginny said softly, “it’s not the Gray way. My mother-in-law, your great grandma Ursula, was a single mom and she raised a wonderful son.”
“From how Grandpa used to talk she sure did great,” Jane agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment