Friday, June 27, 2014

Ursula- Chapter Nine



Ursula was always attempting new ways to bring the family together. No matter what she tried she always felt like their was some tension between the boys and Nadini.
Meanwhile, thanks to Boothby’s encouragement, Hans decided to ask Efrain to the prom.
The answer was yes.
While Hans was spending time with his new love interest, Boothby was focused on something else entirely.
“I know you wanted to wait until I”m older, but I think I”m ready to handle the truth,” Boothby started.
“I think you are too,” Ursula agreed.
“Well…” Boothby prompted.
“His name is Diego Diamond.”
“Diego Diamond? Are you sure?”
“I didn’t name him. He was a boy I saw in high school occasionally.”
“Then why were you so secretive?” Boothby asked.
“He and I were so young,” Ursula started, “we weren’t dating, I told him I was pregnant and he told me he had a girlfriend. I just never pushed the issue with him. He got married shortly after I had you, and I was so happy to be a mom, and with my dad and Nadini’s help I didn’t see any reason why he needed to be involved.”
“Why couldn’t you just tell me this earlier?”
“I guess I thought I was doing a good enough job for a mom plus a dad,” Ursula confessed, “I didn’t see the need for you to find him. Once you kept pushing the issue I was scared you wanted a father figure and I didn’t think Diego would be that for you and I didn’t want you to get hurt.”
“You’re the perfect mom,” Boothby said honestly, “You did double the role for me….but I still want to meet my father, I want to know what he looks like at least.”
Boothby took a taxi to the address his mother provided. He had never felt so nervous before.

No comments:

Post a Comment