Friday, June 27, 2014

Ursula - Chapter Ten



Boothby rang the doorbell and impatiently waited as he heard someone get up to answer it.
“Hi, um, this is awkward, but I’m your son Boothby.”
“Ursula’s kid?”
“Yeah.”
“Well come in,” Diego smiled.
Surprisingly, Boothby and Diego hit it off. Boothby learned that Diego had been married twice, had no other kids, and worked at the local restaurant. He was laid back, funny, liked sports and music…they had a lot in common actually.
Boothby was convinced he and his father could actually have a good relationship. Maybe his father would even come to his graduation. Then something started to bug him. There had been no push back, or surprise when Boothby introduced himself. His father had known that Boothby had existed and they both knew Ursula hadn’t said or done anything to Diego to keep him away. He wanted to ask his father why he had never attempted to contact him.Yet, Boothby didn’t. He didn’t want a sorry excuse. He politely left and made the decision that he would never pursue Diego again. If Diego wanted Boothby in his life he would have to be the one to make that decision.
Prom soon came and Hans had a blast.
And so did Boothby and Ginny.
After prom Hans decided to make his relationship official and had his first kiss.
Unfortunately, Nadini witnessed this and she was far from supportive.
“I was trying to accept your lifestyle choice,” she started, “but I can’t stand seeing my only son kissing another man in public!”
Why did my son have to put me through this, she asked herself.
“He’s my boyfriend, you don’t care that Boothby and Ginny kiss!”
After hearing the fight, Ursula pulled Hans aside.
“I know Nadini is sometimes hard to understand,”
“Always,” Hans said under his breath.
“Yet, she is your mom. I really hope you two can work it out.”
Hans sighed, “but she’s wrong.”
“I know she is,” Ursula said, “I think you’re being particularly brave. It’s sometimes hard to be who you really are. I love you Hans, I always have since I met you. You and Boothby are my everything, and I’m so proud of both of you. By being yourself you will never disappoint me.”
After his talk with Ursula Hans tried to make amends with his mother.
Yet, as hard as he tried Nadini was particularly stubborn.
Hans was not willing to admit that he being gay was just a phase.
Ursula was finally able to get the 4 of them on good enough terms to spend a Sunday fishing together.
“I know that you don’t understand Hans,” Ursula said to Nadini, “but he is almost 18. Regardless of your feelings on his significant other, he is your son and he most likely won’t be in the household for very much longer. I know he wants his mom to support him.”
Ursula’s words came true…at least on the part of it was time for the boys to grow up.
Both Boothby and Hans celebrated their transition into (young) adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment