Friday, June 27, 2014

Ursula - Chapter One



Ursula enjoyed the freedom of being done with school.
Maybe a little too much…
With no more homework to get in her way she worked on growing her garden.
She also bonded with her father and his girlfriend Nadini, sharing her love for the outdoors. 
…but still most of her time was devoted to her garden.
Meanwhile, Bobby celebrated his birthday at work. He was now officially a senior citizen.
Things were going smoothly for the family. They fell into a comfortable routine…at least until Ursula surprised them all.
She was pregnant.
“I know this is a bit surprising,” Ursula said to her father.
“I didn’t even know you were seeing anyone,” Bobby replied.
“I’m not.”
Bobby looked confused, “do you know who the father is?”
“Of course I know who the father is!” Ursula exclaimed.
“Then who is it?”
“It doesn’t matter,” Ursula sighed, “I’m not with him.”
“A baby is a huge life decision,” Bobby replied.
“I know. It will change everything…but I’m excited” Ursula smiled.
“Well I guess I’m going to be a grandpa!”
Though Ursula wasn’t the only one expecting. They soon discovered that Nadini was also pregnant.
The babies weren’t even here and the family was already exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment